rust on block surfaces during rebuild?

sandpaper then clear laquer to prevent humidity to come back.

Then again I use Blue gasket sealer with my gaskets so what do I know :)

Yes that last statement was produced for the surely large amount of mail from y'all purists out there  thrawling in your discust that I would a) sanpaper the block b) use Blue Gasket sealer on a vw's

Yep I am in no mood for general population critisimsim (and I wil not spell check this word either..) read it figure it out or just delete my emails with a rule on your email software (of I forget you dont use outlook, well get a better email software then and quit ya bitching !)

<gawd I hate women!> dont ask... I am MMS's (look it up!)

Jeff_Toomasson <area53@validpath.com> wrote:
On the gasket areas of the ABA block I'm rebuilding, some very minor surface
rust has started to show (water pump, front/rear main and int.shaft seal, oil
pan areas). Should I be concerned with it other than just wiping the surface
down with carb cleaner? Is there a more-preferred method to treat it? The guy
at the machine shop gave me a good chastizing when I mentioned using maroon
Scotch-brite on engine surface (head or block)...

Thanks, Jeff

ATS - Patrick Bureau - '85 3A/JH 2L 102.5 WHP Scirocco.
'86 8v White, '82 1.7L Carbed,  '78 Gti 8v and  '81 S Project.
Email: ats@longcoeur.com - Web: http://ats.longcoeur.com/
See what I am selling today on ebay: HTTP://tinyurl.com/22e5b