Broken fuel line on an '84

On a previous A1 GTI, the PO ran over a ladder at highway speed.  A few months
later, the thing would not run right, and we finally figured out that the fuel
line was bent 90 the wrong way.  It orginally had a 90 bend in it where it was
crimped, just ahead of the R/R wheel about a meter.  Anyways, we cut out the
line where it was damaged, and put in flexible high pressure fuel line.  It
was there for I think 6 years...  As long as you have high pressure line that -
just- fits over the line, and you screw the clamps on tight, you should not
have any trouble.  I am not sure why you are having trouble.  Where the lines
are cut, are the edges smooth?  What size is your fuel hose?

I know you can work this out, regardless of the length.  Have no fear, just
have a beer...  :-)

David Utley