URGENT HELP NEEDED!!! (Rabbit - fuel issue)

'81 Rabbit....

consistently showing ~40~45 lbs. psi at test port in fuel distro.

why?  I've swapped out pumps, fuel filters and checked flow rate. Gas looks
clean. Help.

I don't want to take out the CVs (and that's the only way to tow it as far
as it needs to go (automatic, and YES, I know to put in stub-axles).

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!

Dan Snow
(2.5) '87 16v Sciroccos (stubborn MFer with same problem)
(1) '81 Rabbit Sportruck (at least runs and sputters a bit.....)
http://www.takkenband.com/
http://home.earthlink.net/~danws69/index.html

"You can have my Scirocco when you pry it off of me with the Jaws of
Life." - Mike Smith