Transaxle Q's

> Because later cars did away with the UPSHIFT LIGHT and its supporting
> mechanisms.  The Multi-pin square reverse light switch also has poles in
> it to tell the upshift light control relay when the car is in fifth gear
> (and so cannot upshift any more.)
>
> Consider yourself lucky you have a gearbox with a $7 reverse light switch
> instead of a $25 one... :)

Yah Mon.

I almost swapped tranny cases during my bolt kit/.80 5th install to do
away with my annoying square switch.

Since then I've relayed my reverse lights and the switch has failed
far less often than before (I keep rebuilding it; I'm too much of a
cheapass to spend money on a replacement).

-Toby