(now) tracking an .80 gearset?? (was): How can I tell if my FF is<81 or later?

Nicely done Dan... One great email for the archives right there bud !

On the topic of gears, I have been looking for a .80 5th for quite some time
now, I know the dot.org web site indicates it to be found ob AMC/DFQ or CHE
transmissions, with a rather cryptic side note "from '93 115hp", and for
some reason I have been really unsuccessful in tracking one of those
trannies down there (remember I like in Ford country down here in Texas),
anyone know what cars these trannies where installed in ? And does anyone
know of a 5th set .80 for sale anywhere at a reasonable price (no 250$ is
not reasonable).

-
ATS - Patrick Bureau - http://ats.longcoeur.com -
A1 eBay Sales: http://tinyurl.com/22e5b