How much of this can I fix?

Someone on the scirocco yahoo group is just trying to get rid of his
1980 mk1 so I thought I would give him a hand. But there are more things
wrong with it than he originaly posted. He said that passenger outside
door handle doesnt work, passenger window crank works, but makes noise,
cigarette lighter doesnt work. The wires are fine, the socket shorts out
and blows the fuse so I disconnected it. I dont smoke anyway, no radio,
but good pioneer door speakers, driver side door works fine, but looks
like there was some welding done near the lower hinge. Slight wind noise
at top of driver door. Body is straight but paint is original 23 years
old, so the clearcoat is peeling, battery tray is rusty. That was all
the little stuff. The 5th gear disintegrated, chunks have been washed
out of the tranny for the most part.  The
muffler probably has chunks in it from the cat falling apart inside. 20k
on the clutch, and 235,000 miles on the odo
This would be free, but I dont want a junkyard here, we already have a
tunaboat in the driveway that doesnt run.
So basicly how much of this is easily fixable?