OT:Re: OT - Cry for Help (At the Mercy of Viruses/Spyware)

TBerk wrote:
>btw- If Apple had licensed the OS to run on i386 architecture you'd have a
>chance to combine the best of both worlds.
The new OS is just a version of BSD which is a GPL language. They modded the
"windows" and sold it for a lot of money.

I run Red Hat 9 here as well as windows 2000 server and XP.

Apple made the mistake after the Apple 2E in closing the achitecture. They
used to supply the BIOS as an open source code as well.
Now? No one but they can build for it with out an expencive licence..
So much for me playing with digital and analog cards...