Control arm bushing q's

It is true that poly is less forgiving and harder then the rubber
components they are
designed to replace, but the bushings get a bit of a bad rap due
primarily to the
poly motor mount replacements.  My observations have been that harder
motormounts
will most definitely transmit more vibration to the cabin, and most
folks draw a
similar conclusion about hard poly replacements elsewhere on the car.
IMO, and
some experience, I'd have to say that using the poly bushings on the a-arms
contribute only a small addition to noise or harshness to the cabin through the
suspension.  Upper poly type suspension bushings are going to have a
far greater
effect here, for instance.  The poly bushings in the a-arms are far more likely
to have a positive impact combating unwanted lower a-arm deflection.  This
reduces odd / unpredictable toe, caster and even camber changes under
specific loads.  This is especially true if the rubber bushings are tired.

In summary, I think poly's got a bad rap due to the motormount vibration. Poly
upper strut bearings are likely to have a more adverse impact on ride quality,
and I've never been bothered by them after riding on them for years.
Poly lower a-arm bushings are more likely to have a positive impact on
unwanted alignment changes under load, and have less impact on ride quality
(but will probably have some, IMO, worth the benefits).  Again, just another
datapoint and another persons opinion to consider.  It is your car afterall,
and it's nothing you cannot change again if you don't like it.

==Brett