Front strut nut question

-----Original Message-----
  Dan's got the right one, but I can definitely use the info on that top one
too.  As for the monkey wrench, that nut is completely round.  It looks as
though the two holes on the top of it are the only way to get any grip on it
without using a pair of visegrips(which would probably screw it up).  I
haven't pull the original stuff off yet, so I don't know if it's the same
way or not.  I'll have to take a look at it tonight when I get home.

The strut retaining caps are disposable, and you usually get new ones with the shocks.

I first try using my chain ViseGrips, which will work sometimes...

Last week I had to open up a set of Koni full struts, so I could send the internals to Koni for a
replacement. The full Sport strut is no longer available from Koni, so now they just exchange them
for Koni Sport inserts. The Konis were at least 10 years old, and I had to cut the caps off to get
them opened up.
Cutting it at the top of the retainer worked out best for me, and once I got the top half off, the
threaded part came right off.

HTH!

Peter
http://thescirocco.com
Feel free to call me between 11AM and 11PM - 302.832.8989.