Quick GRM Update from the field

Hi guys, there's soooo much to the GRM Scirocco story that we cannot
put it all into words
here and now...you'll have to come to Cincy to hear us drone on and
on about all the things
that didn't go quite as planned or how we worked around any of the
100's of issues that
we overcame.

over 100 cars entered the competition (about 110 I believe).  About
90 showed up.  About
80 actually ran.  After the 1st day of drag racing, we were in 35th
place. :)  We ran a
14.6 1/4 mile on a terrible megasquirt loading from a guy with a
turbo yugo...he had
a working computer with a serial port. :-)  (we had our own later,
after we downloaded
a friggen XP driver for the USB->serial thing).

Anyway, after having it go from running really really bad to just
running mostly bad, we
were only running in the mid 16's.  At about 5  minutes left, I
borrowed the computer, made
some gross fueling adjustments and Brian ran a 14.6...there's lots of
power left in the all
motor...we never got into the NOS. :-)

Today, Neil Tovsen joined us as our designated hot-shoe driver, big
thanks go out to him.
He turned an almost flat 56 seconds, FTD was a mid 54...we don't know
our standings now,
but we're doing really well!

Some of our downfall was the car condition...it looks like it's
straight out of a Mad Max
movie.  It's a real beast of a car, Scirocco distilled down to a
snarling race car.   Any
of you could probably appreciate it, but wouldn't want to drive it
too far.  We're planning
on tuning it and racing it more throughout the year.

There's so so much more to tell.  Leaking fuel.  Broken shift
bushings.  Flat tires.  Zip
ties, lots of zip ties.  Fuel Injector fun.  Weird Megasquirt tuning.

People love our Home Depot intake.  The Suzuki individual throttle
bodies rock.  The
magazine guys judging the concourse portion really appreciated our
effort, we seem
to have gotten the "Grassroots" concept pretty well.

Thanks really go out to (in no particular order) Allyn M., Brian H.,
Dan B., Jim J.,
Ron P., Neil T., and so many of Brian MacGarvey's family - plus all
the other people that
Brian is probably forgetting.

We'll be posting tos of pictures and videos over at our site:

http://cyco.ataxxia.com/BustedKnuckleRacing

We'll have more updates later, Grassroots Motorsports Magazine is
throwing another
party for the participants tonight, starts in 10 minutes.  later!

==Brett