whats the best way to clean injectors?

when I prepped my 2.0L 16V for swap into my mk1 jetta I new I'd have to
clean the injectors...they'd been sitting for 2-3 years and who knew what
was stuck or gunked in there.
I grabbed some Throttle Body cleaner (the aerosol spray kind) and spray
the ends of them to loosen up any gunk...then I sprayed a whack of the
cleaner into a glass jar and let them sit in it for a couple hours, then I
went out and re-sprayed them in the nozzles to clean em out again...the
amount of crap and debris I got out was surprising.

hth

sandor