Metric fastener source?

And, Iffn' I do mind Ron?  Just kidding.  The rotating portion of the car
rotiserrie
I am nearly done with is using a VW drum setup.  I need to bolt my mounting
plate
to the drum(this will all make sense when it is done and pics
posted).  Well since
I can't weld to the cast drum I need to use the bolt holes, but as you know
and I have
found out there pretty much isn't a 12mm 1.5 pitch bolt in the are of 2" or
so long. And
to answer the threaded rod part- I don't care if it's bolts or threaded rod
that I could
tighten nuts down on.  So today I am going to drill and tap the holes today
to something more
common, such as a standard US thread(Gasp!  on a VW part some of you are
shocked)
because it will be easiest to get grade 8 bolts.
  Does that answer everyone's questions?

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe