Metric fastener source?

Aye, there's plenty of M12-1.75s but the 1.5 pitch is a bugger to find.  Oddly, my Sears tap & die
set has both a tap and a die in that pitch.  Another application that I found besides lug bolts is
the shift knob, so if you're in a real pinch you could saw off an old Rabbit shifter!

Iffn' you don't mind, what's the intended use?

Ron