From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Bryan Rankin
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 6:54 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: More Progress...Intake

Hey folks,

Decided it was time to do the head gasket in the 1.7.  I got the head out
and the manifolds off, even managed not to break any studs....anyway.  I
ported out my intake to match a 5000 tb.   When i looked in, it was filthy,
all dirty and everything.  I'm assuming i got some oil in there, i'm not
positive though, it's dry, but it's got some shavings stuck to it.  I'll
have a pic to go with this later on, but anyway... There is no way i'm going
to put it back on like this, what can I use to clean the inside?  I've heard
acetone, but i'm not exactly pumped, as i hear it's EXTREMELY corrosive.

Any ideas?  Thanks

Bryan
81 Volkswagen Scirocco