  From: Bryan Rankin
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 4:53 PM
  Subject: More Progress...Intake

  Hey folks,

  Decided it was time to do the head gasket in the 1.7.  I got the head out
  and the manifolds off, even managed not to break any studs....anyway.  I
  ported out my intake to match a 5000 tb.   When i looked in, it was filthy,
  all dirty and everything.  I'm assuming i got some oil in there, i'm not
  positive though, it's dry, but it's got some shavings stuck to it.  I'll
  have a pic to go with this later on, but anyway... There is no way i'm going
  to put it back on like this, what can I use to clean the inside?  I've heard
  acetone, but i'm not exactly pumped, as i hear it's EXTREMELY corrosive.

  Any ideas?  Thanks

  Bryan
  81 Volkswagen Scirocco