Not happy with UPS

I think this is just regular UPs bashing from one individual that has had problems.  I have shipped anything from a small box to a Transmission with UPS.  I used to use UPS but because their office is inconvinient and their prices are not as good as FedEx Ground I have sent switched to FedEx.

Don (Formerly UPS now FedEx)

-----Original Message-----
From: Clyde <catamountclyde@yahoo.com>
Sent: Apr 1, 2004 12:17 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Not happy with UPS

This is a response to a post from the archives about UPS, and how bad they are.

UPS has within the past 3 weeks, dropped a package coming to me destroying all that was in it and
refusing to reimburse the shipper, left notes in my mailbox (in my house) telling me they couldn't
find my house, been rude the one time they made it to my door and that was after mailing a
postcard to me telling me they couldn't find me and me then calling and repeating the very
directions written on the box, and right now I'm waiting on a package that should have shown up by
now. I hereby promise, no matter what, I will not purchase from a vendor using UPS, I will
remember to ask who they use, and I will offer to pay more if they will ship with another shipper.
Thank you.

Ah ha! Some progress! I have just gotten the actual phone number of someone in my local office
(Syracuse) who promises to help (Tina, 315 433 1695). UPS notoriously makes it hard to contact
anyone locally. Tina sounded helpful, but I'm not very optimistic at this point. Time will tell.

Clyde