Evans Coolant (again, was Puyallup VW Swap Meet)

I have had several tune-ups lately, so my car has been running much
better in general...  I had been somewhat conservative in my driving
habits due to cracked crossmenber (now repaired with xmember
reinforcement), poor running (now replaced with new O2), and aging
timing belt (next repair).  Well, I drive pretty conservatively
_anyway_, but the Monday afternoon heading into work I really mashed the
pedal down and man, what a nice feeling... Before my O2 was replaced, I
noticed the top of my powerband fell off abruptly after maybe 5500 RPM,
but now the powerband stays much stronger up high.  Been stuffing that
pedal a bit every chance I get now!  Difficult to say if it was new
coolant or not.  I had been running ~90% Sierra  for last two weeks
(much longer than I anticipated, but I worked 7 days last week and had
no chance to change t-stat/coolant/p-steering), and noticed considerably
higher oil temps so was too chicken to push it then.

Oil temp has still been been considerably warmer with the new stuff,
~230F - 240F.  While running Sierra, oil temp had once gone to ~250F
before I noticed and turned on the heater. Yikes!  I used to run about
220F, tops, on my old coolant. (And I do mean old; this series was the
first coolant change I did in the three years I've owned the car, though
it has only been my daily driver for about half that.)  I think people
here were discussing slightly higher engine temps help burn off
contaminants, I hope these temps will be suitable enough.  Am also maybe
half quart low on oil right now, so that's no help.  I lose oil from a
slightly leaky headgasket, what a yucky mess.

Coolant guage needle has been "just above" the blinky light (not
blinking) during these higher oil temps, so I hope the new stuff is
doing its job. A bit higher than the old coolant at regular running temp.

Am also running Dyson full Synthetic 15w-50.  92 Premium Chevron
(highest I can get here in PNW).  When I first bought the car, I pinged
badly on "regular" (87? no problems on my old stock 16V's), so I
immediately moved up to premium and pings went away except maybe hot
days at full throttle.  We'll see if the pings go away entirely this
summer. (No pinging this week so far)

Butt Dyno happier these days.

- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
   '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L