From: Daun Yeagley [mailto:vwdaun@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2003 7:32 PM
To: Jeff Toomasson; L F; Philip & Christy Carver;
scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: 1979 scirocco "S"?

--- Jeff Toomasson wrote:
> Easy on the 8v's there, tough-guy!
>
> Actually, the "S" wasn't offered in '79 - though there
> was a special edition in 79 that came with the "S" look.
> I'm still trying to find what the name for that package
> was...

I've never actually found a name for the '79 "S"
equivelant, other than the "Limited Edition 5 speed." This
was when VW introduced 5th gear on their standard 4 speed
'box. The seat cloth was a different pattern than both the
'80 S (horizontal striping) and the '81 S (vertical
striping) but the exterior was pretty much the same. Oh,
the Scirocco badge was red, with no "S."

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '80 Scirocco S, '81 Scirocco, '82 Scirocco.
"I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong."