ALL 16V MEMBERS...Clutch Question

Funny, I was just thinking about this coming home from the track. We toasted
two stock 210 mm clutches in the first year and a half. The car makes 133WHP
(2L16V) and is used 2-3 times a month (May-Oct) for drag racing on slicks
with a 3.94 final/Quaife. Mid summer last year I had a Centreforce dual
friction put in, and so far, no problems despite the abuse. I like it for
the street too, not grabby or easy to stall like a race clutch, and easy on
my old knees, it actually has a lighter pedal than the stock ones did. Those
who have driven it can comment, and I bet they didn't notice it wasn't
stock.

Cost? Well, if you have to ask...it wasn't cheap. But it's worth it for our
application, which does tear up clutches, despite what some on the list have
said. And the break in period will nearly kill you...

Cathy
1987 16V Scirocco "the silver headache"
1979 non-S   "Klaus"