JH Engine oil pressure issues

OK, trying to reply back to 3 e-mails here, so I've combined them into
one.

"T. Reed" wrote:
>Have you thought about the various valves in the lubrication system (such
>as the anti-backflow and bypass valves built-in to the oil filter.. You
>ARE using a mann/mahle/bosch/vw oil filter, right??)

William:
I was using a K&N, currently purolator.  Have used fram's before also,
never seen a difference in oil pressure going between them and the
change from K&N to Purolator didn't make a difference either.  However I
do have a mhale spare laying around.  DOes it really matter?

Toby:
> Yeah, I second that. Pull the pan..
>
> My oil pump intake screen was absolutely -clogged- with pieces of blue RTV
> that someone had sealed up the pan gasket with. I picked them all out with
> tweezers and my oil light/buzzer stopped misbehaving.
>
> I can't remember why (please enlighten me!) but VWs are notorious for
> having very high oil pressure during startup. Maybe a combination of that
> and the above is giving you adequate pressure the first few minutes and
> then it's dropping off as the car warms up.
>
> -Toby

William:
Pan was pulled after 2 runs of motor flush because thats when I got
pissed enough to change the oil pump out for a known working spare
pump.  The Oil pan (with the exception of still having a bit of oil in
it) was clean enough to eat off of so to speak.  No crud, sluge, crap or
metal shavings at all.  Both pickup screens were shiny clean and free of
any obstructions.

ATS - Patrick Bureau Wrote:
>I put in a
>36mm hub oil pump in (hydraulic lifters oil pump - yes it is an upgrade for
>the JH mechanical engine) and after I restarted the engine with 20w50 in,
>light blinks on for 2-3 seconds and never came back since..
>
>now as for oil pressure, I would double check by replacing the lower and
>upper sensors for the oil (one on the flange and one on the head) and see if
>they may not be the culprits.

William:
Have given thought to the 2L oil pump, just want to make sure that I
don't mask/hide a larger problem by installing it.  As for the sensors,
I'm replacing them tonight as I have good working spares.  Just have to
see what I get.

Thanks for everyone's help, I know this car was too good to be true and
knew it even more when I was able to get into it enough to find some of
the sensors dissconnected.  But what the hell, it keeps me busy.

Thanks everyone,
William