From: "Mike Smith"
To: "car"
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2003 5:21 PM
Subject: instrument cluster...

> OK, I removed the steering wheel and the little black "frame." I removed
the screw holding the top of the cluster in. I then pulled forward / down,
like Bentley says. But I could only get it about half an inch before it
stopped wanting to come. Felt like if I pulled anymore, it would break
something. I removed the trim from under the dash and looked from there,
but couldn't see anything that would be holding it back. Also didn't get to
look long as my flashlight died about 2 minutes into looking. So, I put it
all back together and did some other stuff. On the bright side, removed all
seats and cleaned carpet. Also fixed parking break. Question: what's
holding that f'er, er, I mean, instrument cluster in there? I saw the place
where it hinges on the bottom. Is it the speedo cable? Other like items?
Anyone local (central MD) that might be willing to take a look at it
sometime soon?

> Thanks,
> Mike
> '86 red 16v
>

> word (wûrd)
> interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to
something. Sometimes used with up. Source