weird short

I have a weird short in my 84 rocc. It involves the horn. Sometimes the horn works, most of the time it doesn't. When I press the button though, there is a click sound and my headlights grow considerably dimmer. Also, regardless of wheither or not a noise is produced, my oil temp needle pegs itself to max when I press the button. The oil temp still has a working light and seems to read the oil temp accurately. When I drive the very desolate 25mi to my house at 1:30am after work, sometimes I'll amuse myself by hitting the button and watching the oil needle going *BOING* to max. It's good for a chuckle now and then.

TIA,
Dan
1 pot of VERY strong coffee + no food all day = a bit twitchy...