weird short

sounds like horn itself (or wiring leading to it) is shorted.
Al

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Smith" <sad_rocc@yahoo.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2003 6:41 PM
Subject: weird short

> I have a weird short in my 84 rocc. It involves the horn. Sometimes the
horn works, most of the time it doesn't. When I press the button though,
there is a click sound and my headlights grow considerably dimmer. Also,
regardless of wheither or not a noise is produced, my oil temp needle pegs
itself to max when I press the button. The oil temp still has a working
light and seems to read the oil temp accurately. When I drive the very
desolate 25mi to my house at 1:30am after work, sometimes I'll amuse myself
by hitting the button and watching the oil needle going *BOING* to max. It's
good for a chuckle now and then.