Rain = no start

"E.Noval" wrote:

> Ok, so this '87 16v I got seems to have a problem starting everytime it
> rains.
>
> Looks like moisture is getting in (condensating in?) the
> distributor cap.
>
> Is this a common problem, and how do you solve it? Since the cap is up
> against the block, if I use sealant, what is going to resist the heat, and
> how am I going to get it off again, if it's sealed?
>
> My 85 8v had a similar issue, I had "stalling issues" everytime
> it rained.
>
> Any input?
>
> Cheers,
> Ed

I'm thinking you should recondition your grounds AND (this is the point)
use some Dielectric Grease on the metal to metal contacts (after you get
them nice and shiny) But Most of All;

use it to seal the cap to the dist. Well, not like it's glue, but to
keep out moisture (and resulting shorts).

hth,
TBerk