control arm bushings

If you are installing rubber bushings, yes, you press them in.  You press
the old ones out too, but there are some ways to make this easier- drill
holes through the bushing with a drill so it will compress more or slice
the lip of the bushing that sticks out of the control arm(though the first
one will help more).  Spraying it down with some type of lube probably
wouldn't hurt either.  If you have access to a good press I wouldn't do
anything but press them right out.
As far as poly bushings, the ones I've seen were two piece so you didn't
have to press them in; they slid right in.  But I don't know if that is
standard or not.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.  (stripped and on top of 40"
sawhorses)
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe