Tool set

I bought a 100 piece tool set from Walmart's for like $25. It's awesome. Comes in a little briefcase, has metric and standard sockets in the most common sizes. Also had the same in wrenchs, plus a wratchet, spinner and a zillion bits, from Torx to phillips/flat head to allen to ones I have no idea what they're called. I did have to replace the socket wrench as I was jumping on it to loosen a lug bolt tightened by an impact wrench and the gears inside went snap. No biggie though. The case fits under my seat and comes with me whenever I'm going on a trip anywhere. It's cheap, decent quality and a great starting point.

Dan

Daniel Brideau <dan@hobbyetc.com> wrote:
Nick,

Looks like a decent set. At that price, It's tough to argue against it.

Sears gets ya. You need one socket, it's $10 - right next to it is an eight
piece set for $25. Can be a tough choice.

The only thing I don't like is the 12 sided wrenches. I feel more confident
using a wrench with 6 sides. (this bit me when I took apart my clutch -
those bolts were made to work with a 12 sided socket - off to the 24 hour
Wal-Mart for a cheap set)

Dan Brideau
http://www.type53.com/