1.8T pistons in a 16v motor

> First off, I wouldn't assume the 1.8T pistons are forged. Forged pistons
are
> rare in production cars and some of the 1.8T's even have cast cranks. Just
> because the engine is turbo doesn't mean the piston is forged. It may be
> stronger since it's designed for boost, but not necessarily forged.
> Second, that will be one effed up combustion chamber. The cylinder head is
> the top of the chamber and the piston is the bottom and they are designed
> provide a total volume that burns quickly with high resistance to
> detonation. When you mix and match you will most likely end up with a poor
> combustion chamber more likely to detonate.
> Third, have you thought about valve clearance? The 16V has a pretty large
> valve clearance notch that is missing in the 1.8T piston.

I believe lower compression (along with the possibility that the pistons
were forged) was the goal so the 1.8T pistons are more than likely dished
enough to clearance the valves.  I am not sure but it seems that way.

> I've been keeping an eye on your posts ever since you started talking
about
> Megasquirt 6 months ago.
> I've got one piece of advice. Learn to walk before you try to run!
> just my .02
> Dan

The reason why we are here is to help others (and get some help once in a
while) through the experiences of our own not to tell someone what they lack
personally.  I think this message would of been perfect if it weren't for
the slam on Derrick's level of VW knowledge.  We all started somewhere and I
find myself learning faster when I get in over my head a little!

Dave