From: "Derrick Floyd" <derrickmd18@verizon.net>
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2003 9:46 PM
Subject: 1.8T pistons in a 16v motor

bore stroke disp rod wrist pin
16v 81.0 86.4 1781 48 144 20 33.4 -5 220 10:1
20v 81.0 86.4 1781 48 144 22 32.8 0.0 220 9.15:1
think they will fit.

I wanted to build a motor with stock vw parts that I can boost to 350hp.
Because the way I look at it a 16v bottom end has forged crank, some BIG boy
rods and cast pistons. so If I can use 1.8T forged pistons I'll have a
somewhat STRONG bottomend. so if it works the bottomend is done and I can
send the head out to get P&P and some valve springs and some turbo cams and
hit Killa up for a t3/t4 with the biggest wheel I can get in it and I'll
have a motor that is capable of running 11 sec all day long with stock vw
parts. My biggest problem is if they will fit. I mean anything 9:5.1 and
under will be suitable for me. I have a TEC 2 right now about to go into a
stock 16v motor.