SOT.....Texas New License Plate Law

and the document from texas (Bill passed can be found @
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlo/78R/billtext/SB00439F.HTM

Patrick Bureau <txrocco@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
actually READ THE NEW CLIP.. its says

If a bracket or some type of device OBSTRUCTS THE VISIBILITY of the license plate, meaning that it touches the letters, touches the numbers or alters the design of the plate, that gives an officer probable cause to make a traffic stop .

--- Martin Rodriguez- CJS/ELP wrote:
> MessageHi All
> this was forwarded to me this morning... as you all know i drive my rocco on
> the both sides of the Rio Grande ...
>
> A new law was passed on September 1st that it is illegal to have a bracket
> around your license plate.
> Brackets such as; dealership, sports team, college alumni. No brackets are
> allowed of any sort!
> If a police officer pulls you over for having a bracket around your license
> plate it is a $200 fine. Yes $200...thanks for the notice!
> Marvin Zindler had a special report on this last night. People are being
> pulled over and given tickets that had no idea about this new law.
> Pass this message on to co-workers, friends and family.
>
> http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/90903_local_plates.html
>
> cheers
>
> Martin Rodriguez
> 85 Wolfsburg

'85 2.0L Prowler Orange, Kamei X1 Rocco
'84 1.8L Silver Restoration and '83 Rocco Trailer Project