He was ahead of his time

Long story Jim! I bought that car many moons ago from a guy named Mark
in Brooklyn who took the bus to North Carolina to buy what the seller
called a "gorgeous green" Mk1 Scirocco. Moral of the story is that
beauty is in the eye of the beholder, the car is not quite gorgeous.
Not too bad, but not gorgeous.

I had it for ~6 months before selling to Peter. This summer at Cincy &
Waterfest Peter convinced me that I wanted to back, and in July I
agreed. I sold him my bogged <http://getty.net/submerged/> 16v as a
parts car and I bought the Mk1 in the same deal.

It's not even close to legal in PA, and my apartment complex made me
remove it  for having no tags, so I bought green Colorado tags on eBay
(to match the car) for $3 to put on it so I can keep it there. ;-)

I may or may not take it to H20 in MD....

-Marc

'81 Gorgeous Green Mk1 Scirocco - Unknown Mileage - No pictures to
date
'87 Tornado Red 16v Bogged Scirocco http://getty.net/scirocco/ RIP -
Sold
'02 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe -
http://getty.net/c230k/
    in Heliodongr?n (Citron Green) took European Delivery in May 2002,

    state-side delivery on July 19, 2002, currently at 40,100 miles