Bay Area Scirocco Rescue Group strikes again! '83CailforniaEdition!!!

Ok,  I have a bone to pick on these California editions.

A few months back, in my neighborhood, a white mk2 appeared on a driveway near my house...it sat there for a month or so, didn't seem to move, then dissapeared again...never to be seen again.  (I wish I had dropped by to talk with the owners).

However, it looked IDENTICAL to the car Kevin just posted a pic of, but it was white, with white matching wheels.  The scirocco sticker on the side, the X1 kit, etc.  Wouldn't this have been a Cali edition too?  Just someone mentioned they were only silver???  Or where there other limited mk2s that got the X1 kit and striping from the factory?

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (FOR SALE!)
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v Motronic
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg