Making SS Brake Lines

$100 seems expensive.  I just bought a set of Goodridge SS Brake Lines for
my 8v.
Cost me ?35  (about $55 US)

Will be hopefully doing my 285mm brake conversion this weekend.
I also ordered front lower and rear upper strut braces.

Ha Ha, Modifying weekend I think!!

Adam
'92 Scala 1.8i 8v
http://www.geocities.com/little_log

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           Carl Seidel         |
|         |           <cseidel@nmu.edu>   |
|         |           Sent by:            |
|         |           scirocco-l-bounces@s|
|         |           cirocco.org         |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           16/09/2003 12:04    |
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       scirocco-l@scirocco.org                                                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  Making SS Brake Lines                                                                                       |
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                                             |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi, this is my first message to the list in quite a long time.  So hello
again.

I'm currently working on redoing my brakes and was looking at stainless
steel lines.  The least expensive ones I've found are $100, which is a fair

price but if I can get them for less I'm all about it.  So I was looking
through the Pegasus Racing catalog.  They sell the right kind of hose for
$4.29 a foot.  And they also have many different fittings for around $10
each.  So I was curious if anyone has gone this route and assembled their
own lines.  I understand that brakes are important and that I may be taking

a risk making my own, but Pegasus has directions on how to do it right and
I'm confident that I can follow them.  Anyone with any insight on the
matter?  They have some pre-assembled hoses too that are fairly cheap that
I could get if I knew what kind of fittings I need.  So whats the good
word?

  -Carl