Bay Area Scirocco Rescue Group strikes again! '83CailforniaEdition!!!

--- Eric S <scirocco81@vwmail.net> wrote:
> Ok,  I have a bone to pick on these California editions.

> However, it looked IDENTICAL to the car Kevin just posted
> a pic of, but it was white, with white matching wheels.
> The scirocco sticker on the side, the X1 kit, etc.
> Wouldn't this have been a Cali edition too?  Just someone
> mentioned they were only silver???  Or where there other
> limited mk2s that got the X1 kit and striping from the
> factory?

I don't think from the factory, no.  The stickers and kit
were available aftermarket though.  AFAIK, the Cali
Editions were only silver with the "GTI" snowflakes.  In
fact, if I remember right, the 500,000th Scirocco was a
California Edition...   (damn, what book did I see that
in?)