door lever issues (not long)

For me, when I push the door inwards, it does open but I wouldn't call it easy by any means. Lately I just leave the window open a bit and open it from the inside. The inside latch is cake, it's just the outside that needs all the effort.

Dan

Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Dan Smith wrote:
> This happened with my 16v and I forgot the fix. When it's
> warm out, my driver's door opens fine. When it's cold, I
> have to push in the door while squeezing the hell out of
> the latch to get it to open.

Hey Dan - I'm familiar with that of which you speak - both
my '86 and my 16v passenger doors have a similar trait.
The difference being that if you push in on the door
slightly, the latch will work easily. I've tried
lubrication and striker adjustment to no avail, and so far
have to live with the problem.

Anybody else have a solution?

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '80 Scirocco S, '81 Scirocco, '82 Scirocco.
"I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong."