Weird electrical issues

My battery recently went flat and when I replaced it I checked the voltage that the alternator was putting out: 13.2, so I guess the alternator I bought six months ago is a dud. Also, the car recently started to do something strange - the oil temp gauge will bounce erraticaly, and at the same time the light inside the water temp gauge starts to flash. It is very intermittent, the belts are good, and I can't figure out what the deal is. Any ideas?