Unlimited mod race in 3 weeks- what would you suggest?

The oval track where I used to run my scirocco racer is having a
run-what-you-brung day at the end of the season (in 3 weeks)

I'm looking for some suggestions for things to try, given that there's a
limited time frame and a small budget.

I may have a 2L16V ready, but installing that would take up a good chunk
of time.  We're going to try and drop the car down significantly, weld
the diff for traction and get as much camber as possible on the right
front while still having a wide tire.
The other option is a 10:1 8V with a header, large cam(which we have
somewhere) and a lightened flywheel.

I would slap a turbo on it, but my buddy is planning on using some of my
turbo stuff for his golf for the same event.

Ben