5th gear available?

> > 3.  Is there any difference between shaft sizes when gearing your AGB
>down
> > with 8v parts?
>

>The only differences in shaft sizes are the input shafts are bigger and the
>4th gear spline is bigger on 2Y, AGB, CHE, AMC and DFQ.
>3rd gear spline may also be bigger but not sure on that.

When mine was done (AGB with a 3.94 final), third gear got recycled from the
AGB, whereas fourth got replaced with an 8V version, so I'd say third gear's
spline is the same, and the diameters at 4rth are different. I can likely
dig up the pics of the two pinions laying side by each for comparison. Email
me off list unless someone wants to host them.

Cathy