What size is the damn tool? was Re: cv joints

I'll jump on the "disagreeing with Dave" bandwagon that's been popular
lately... :-)
Sure it is!  3 squares (4 points each) = 12 points = "triple square"

> It's two 6mm
> allens offset.
> The 6mm allen fits snuggly into the 12pt "triple square" bolts so if it is
> an 8mm, then there must be a different type of measurement than
> the allens.

I think this is the case...

> Like I said, unless the industry uses something else to measure the triple
> squares I will guarantee you that the axle bolts are 6mm.

They ARE 8mm triple square bolts.  When I've tried fitting a 6mm allen in
the inner cv bolts they didn't fit as tight as an 8mm triple square - a
recipe for stripped bolts...

Mark.
80 S
81 S  ABA/JH/4K