Good Price??

--- "Dave Ewing" <MK1Scirocco16v@comcast.net> wrote:
>So, your saying that none of the RD motors are digifant???  MOST of the
 RD
>motors are digifant.  Someone said that they had a Jetta with a RD CIS-E and
>I was surprised.  I guess you just don't see too many GTIs in the
wreckers
>anymore.  If they only made the CIS-E RD motors in 85 and 86, they made
 the
>digifant RD motors in all the A2 platforms after that.  I am not
absolutely
>sure but all of the RD motors I've seen in the yard (many) are Digifant.

Your wrong, looked ahead in the messages, and saw you admited it.  Good
for you man.  But, gee, I didn't see a message saying, "sorry Eric, your
 right."  Way to stand up and preach bullshit!!!

>As far as "worthless high compression 8vs" is concerned, you said that,
 not
>me.  Maybe you should step up to some real power someday and go 16v or
maybe
>it's just not for you.  I have a high compression 8v in my Rabbit
Pickup,
>it's a 1.6l diesel so I'm not at all opposed to high compression 8v
motors.

Dave, you really should look at peoples signatures.  2.0 16v, 1.6 diesel, 2.0 ABA 8v, 1.8 JH, 1.9 AHU (TDI), and a 1.7 YX (8v, special to the Iltis) in my stable at the moment.  And I'll still stand by an 8v anyday over a 16v.  Thats who I am.

>Apparantly you didn't read the thread on Shannon's motor.  After the

I've read more than I cared to.

What about my statement "I don't respect what you have to say about
rebuilding engines" didn't you get?

>Man, all you NW guys and your sniveling
>compassion for Shannon.

I am no where near the NW.  And, I, out of anyone, have NO compassion for Shannon.  (he'd be the first to admit it too)

>My suggestion to you, Eric, and everyone else
>who has listened to the whines from Shannon to mind your own stinkin'
>business or, hey what an idea, get the facts straight before going
after
>someone elses reputation.

"Thanks" for your suggestion Dave, but, despite what you think, Shannon
is not the only one that has tarnished what you call a reputation.

PS- A note to those of you that wonder "Whats going on with Eric?  He
used to be such a nice guy."  An answer:  I am sick and tired of putting up with people's bullshit, especially those that think they know everything.  Call me a hypocrit, I don't care, I've been on this list for 7 years, this month acutally, I've seen the good and the bad, and have always taken it in stride.  Well I am done sitting by the wayside and not saying anything.  I have watched too many of the old hardcore listers fade way because they say nothing about how they feel...and as soon as one did (Meze) he got trashed for it on the list.  Well this "original" lister isn't gonna go quietly.

Oh yeah, Dave, here is a signature...try reading one sometime:

--
Eric
www.VintageWatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (FOR SALE!)
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v Motronic
83 Scirocco Wolfsburg