totaled cabby, new cabby

Welp, looks like mine and my wifes cabriolet saga has now come to a very
nice end, or would that be new begining?  The Insurance company treated us
very well, gave us time to gather receipts and fax hem in, then came back
with an offer of $2,900.00 for the cabby.  Thats the final offer after
taking out the deductable and the buy-back costs.  So while we prollie could
have fought and gotten a bit more, we felt it was a great offer for not
having to argue and haggle and we took it.

While waiting for their offer, we went and looked at 2 newer cabrio's and
which were both sold 1 day after we looked at each of them (on different
days).  We took this as a sign that we were not ment to have a newer cabrio.
So we went to look at an 89' cabby that was kinda local yesterday.  Now here
is where fate (if you subscribe to such a thing) stepped in.  My wife and I
live on a road called Bishop Mill which is off of Bishop Rd.  When we
contacted the owners of the 89' cabby we found on autotrader to get
directions, we found that they lived on Bishop Creek Ct, which is off of
Bishop Creek Rd.  Ironic isn't it?

Anyway, we went an looked at it, met with the owners and fell in love with
the car on the spot.  The couple that owned it were the original owners and
took very good car of the car.  Pics which can be found at this link,
http://www.techography.com/gallery/newcabby

The pics show the kind of condition it's in.  Aside from some shifter
bushings, clutch pedal adjustment and a new valve cover gasket, the car is
in almost perfect condition.  The lady was very anal about the car and kept
everything related to it from the original window sticker, all the sales
papers,  and every receipt for anything she had done to the car.  She even
took it to get smogged the day before we went to look at it so that we could
see that the car was in good running condition (out county doesn't require
smoggin, but we were impressed anyway)  So today we met with the owners at
the bank, bought the car and drove it home to also discover that the
Insurance company had delivered our totaled 89 cabby to our house.  We
didn't even know they were going to do that, we figured we would have to go
get it.  One major snag is that aparently the wrecking yard that car was
originaly taken to, didn't give the yard for the insurance company the key,
so when they needed to get into the car, they cut right  through the brand
new top we just put on the car in April.  Very pissed about that, but what
can I do ya know.  So anyway, we now have both cabby's at home, and the
process of moving parts over shall commence tomorrow.

Just had to share,
William Snyder

88' Scirocco 16v
89' Cabriolet 8v (R.I.P.)
89' Cabriolet 8v (new addition to the stable)
71' Karmann Ghia