[ot]Airing out the dirty laundry

I would think you returning the unsatisfactory light and getting a refund of $38 + return shipping would be reasonable.

Larry
sandiego16v

  Well I am tired of waiting for this guy.

  For some crazy reason, he can no longer respond to my
  emails. Its been a month now and there is no
  communication. This deal started in June. I don't care
  if he is a popular figure on this list and a pillar of
  the rocco community. As a fellow lister said to me, "
  a rat is a rat." This seller did not do right by me
  and now here comes the story....

  I got this nice 84Jetta w/a 16V. Really clean for a
  car w/360K miles on it. So I asked around for Euro
  Jetta lights, and this guy is known for getting the
  goods and cheaply too. So he quotes me $240 shipped
  for new lights, corners, grill and plastic surrounds.
  Great price, I am psyched to get them and send the
  check out right away.

  The package arrives packed well and I check out the
  stuff. For some crazy reason I thought that the grill
  was gonna be new too, but thats not my beef at all. It
  did have a busted tab, but not a biggie. Everything is
  in good shape and the lights are brand new.

  I got help installing them at a guy's house that I met
  from vortex. We take off the old lights and soon
  realize that the left Euro light is wrong. Its not an
  H4 lens. It looks like the correct part and even says
  jetta light but, does not accept H4  bulbs, it takes
  T8s. The two hella boxes are different for the right
  and left lenses.

  At this point I am bummed b/c I have the American spec
  lights out and cannot put in the Euros. The guy that
  is helping me also has a Mk1 Jetta and the left Euro
  lens. He lends me the light just so we can finish the
  job.

  Soon after I tell Dirk Schnieder (the seller) about
  the mix up. He offers to send me another lens after I
  send pics providing proof of the mix up. I go ahead
  and win an action on German eBay for the lens and get
  it shipped for $39 Euros. I wanna replace the one that
  was lent to me asap. Later I send a dozen pics of the
  bad light to Dirk and have not heard from him since.

  WTF ? In one email he tells me something to the effect
  that its not his fault. I tell him to send me $50 to
  make this right. He sent the wrong part and that the
  size of things. I paid for two new lights and have one
  new and one old.

  Am I outta line to expect some cash back ?