[ELECTRICAL] Motronic

Jason, now this is the way I would do things, and I know alot opf people may
intervene, but its your car, I am only trying to be helpfull.
Do you have the 16v bentley for the wiring ? if not I have it scaned and you
could print it up so that you would have a reference, you would also need
the wiring  details of the monotronic system (passat ?) then you will need
to patch the 16v wiring to the fuse box like you were doing oem. (trust me I
had to patch 3a/knock box into a cis 8v :) I understand somewhat what you
are going throught.

the way I would do it (and I have experience and electrical does not scare
me) the following way,

1. identify all wires FIRST. (color codes are helpfull) with tape (ie: end
of wire to fuel pump marked as so)
   ( if you need the etka picture with the wire loom diagram lmk. )

2. retore the 16v box with the wires.

3. BREATH!.. this is important, this is not a contest in speed, take your
time if you identify 5 wires a day and they are verified for continuity and
installed probperly then when comes the time to modify it you will be sure
it will work. and therefore progress faster than blind speed.

4. once the OEM wres are installed (yes if the cis-e hardware is not
there...no worries)turn key and check windows, wipers and all those goodies.

5 Take a day off and drink beer... you earned it (and you think this is a
joke line right... you just wait !)

6. identify all monotronic wires the same way... and visualize as you
identify the wires , the patches you are going to need, (you will understand
when you get to this point...the exercise of re-installing all the 16v looms
in will have you mind  identifying wires wivually by colors and wire plugs
by the end of it)

7. start patching monotronic into the 16v looms. (actually not as a big job
as re-installing all the looms into the car I am quite sure of that !

8. start the car.. :)

MSN:ATSGTX@hotmail.com |YAHOO:ATSGTX@yahoo.com
ICQ:32918816           |AIM:Texasscirocco