From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Jason F. Snow
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2003 10:19 AM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: [ELECTRICAL] Motronic

It's been 2 1/2 years now since I started my Scirocco project, and it's
all come down to this.

I don't have any idea what I'm doing with the wiring.

What I have:
92 Passat Motronic Wiring Harness W/Computer
87 Scirocco Wiring harness
81 Scirocco Wiring Harness
81 Scirocco Fuse Box
87 Scirocco Fuse Box
New Fuse Box (Universal)

All harnesses have been butchered pretty bad, so I my idea is this:

Start with the new fuse box. Get all my lights, wipers, horn working.

Take Motronic Computer Connector and eliminate what I don't need (not
like I know what that is)

Size everything up. Make sure all wires are the length they need to be.
The only way I can do this is to put the computer where I want it to be.
Under glove box. And figure things out from there.

Connect the wires.

It's that simple! Actually it's not, I can figure out all the basics,
lights and stuff, but the ignition system is going to be impossible.
I've picked up the book several times and though "I can do this" but
seriously, I don't know.

Can I blow anything up if I don't hook something up right?

I've had a million offers of friends who will help me, but offers never
pan out. I'll have to do it myself.

The Computer:
How much power does it need?
I want to run a wire from the fuse box to give it power. And of course
it needs a ground.

I figure I will do this one sensor and connector at a time.

I need solid suggestions.

Thanks,

Jason F. Snow
Information Technology Consultant