Anyone ever register a car...

I have heard that there are ways to acquire a car that has been abandoned
for a certain length of time, you could check your state laws regarding that
avenue, since this is a car that nobody really seems to want very badly and
there likely won't be any dispute from the PO.
Also, does your state require notarization of the sale? If so, you likely
need the title. I was surprised to find that out for my Ohio car! Cathy