De : scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]De la part de Mark
Envoye : vendredi 31 octobre 2003 16:31
A : 'Patrick Bureau'; 'Dan Smith'; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Objet : RE: balancing.

FAST!
> 2. alittle lost of MPG indeed, I used to get 32-34MPG before I get 30-
> 32MPG

You more than likely have slightly less fuel mileage because you're
USING the extra acceleration that a lightened flywheel provides.
There's no free ride here - usually if you gain some horsepower from a
modification, you're going to USE that extra power - which in turn burns
more fuel...   I don't buy the argument that fuel mileage decreases with
a lightened flywheel simply because there's less rotational inertia.  If
anything, it takes more power to get a heavier flywheel spinning in the
first place, so I believe that fuel mileage would be worse (albeit an
almost immeasurable amount) with a heavy flywheel.

Mark.
80 S
81 S  ABA/JH/4K