walkin' in a winter wiper land

Okay, so really more drivin' than walkin'.. but I could be stuck walkin'
if I can't see out of my windshield!

I put the antifreeze crap in my washer tank just now (and just in time;
the temp just dipped to 29 F from 32 F in the last half hour) and I
(stupidly) went to test out the jizzers without first chiseling the wiper
blades free from the windshield.

The passenger side got loose but the driver side did not. I could just
*feel* the splines strip as I watched in horror only the passenger blade
go up and then back down again. Oops.

So in this frigid weather I took the arm off, cleaned the aluminum dust
out of the grooves (although there were no grooves left on the wiper arm
half), put the arm back on and torqued the shat out of it. Then I realized
it wasn't positioned right, so I spent about 10 minutes pulling on it
trying to get it to come back off. Got it off and discovered that both
pieces had pretty looking splines now, cool! Positioned it right and
torqued it again. Problem solved.

Now my fear is that this is going to happen again. What can I do to keep
my wiper blades from freezing to the windshield, uh, while I'm driving?
I guess I could coat the windshield with astronaut-grade sex lube or
something. But the neighbors might think I'm a little weird. Oh baby, oh
yeah, don't freeze up on meh!

I mean.. what if it's not snowing, but then it starts snowing so I turn my
wipers on, but they're frozen to the windshield? That would be bad.

I suppose I should just get some of that spray-on deicing fluid.

Duh?

-Toby