speedo cable/tranny fluid?

> --- Parker Wulf <scirocco210@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Well I just got my rebuilt 9a tranny with the 1.94 ring/pinion, .80
> fifthgear, and peloquin diff installed last weekend, but the speedo cable
> doesnt work.

Spin the gear in your fingers and have a helper watch the speedo.  If that fails, be sure the
gear is snapped fully onto the cable (you should have the white gear with a 3.94 R&P).

>I was thinking of replacing it with a one piece cable, but I am
> not sure what one I need, and the stealership here doesnt have a clue about
> anything!

This was addressed a few weeks ago...something from an earlier Scirocco, something
Diesel...these used one-piece cables IIRC.  I do recommend it, and will do it myself (again) on my
MkI

Ron