It is done...(well almost)

I got the parts from Mike & Dave today via UPS.
I grabbed the ones I needed, put the head on a luggage trolly and strode the
mile to the machine shop. (Got some weird looks for some reason)...

I walked in and told the guy "The engineering sucks, but when its done this
will be the fastest trolley on the East Coast!". That set the tone.

They checked the head out. perfect on cyl#1-3. The guy replaced the valves,
and lapped them.
retested and perfect across the board. We must have talked for an hour
trying to work out why the thing only took out 2 valves...

I checked the piston to deck clearance (good god! I actually know what that
is!). Looked good.

Assembled the engine starting about 3:30
Completed by 7:30

torqued each bolt to 100ftlbs just to make sure.... And started the engine.
(Just kidding about the torquing)

Runs smooth! Just final tune and then for a short drive!

Thanks to Chris Coleman, Jason Cam, Ben H, Daun, Anson and......
As well as the guys at Adirondak.
Not to forget the guys at Haberks Machine Shop...
And my daughter for cooking dinner tonight...

(Did I get every one?)

Julie Macfarlane
Menlo Park Research & Development
Internet Application Developer
www.menloparkrandd.com
www.montgomeryweb.org
Amsterdam NY

Never get a busy signal because you are always connected  with high-speed
Internet access. Click here to comparison-shop providers.
https://broadband.msn.com