From: "Dan Smith" <sad_rocc@yahoo.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 4:24 PM
Subject: turboing an 8v

> I've always wanted a turbo car, enough so so I got that p.o.s. Saab mainly
because it had a turbo in it. But turbos always seem out of my league.
However, I know a bunch of you have turbo'd 8v's and I was wondering just
what is the cost. What parts can come from yards, what has to be bought, how
hard is it to find yard parts and what kind of work does it take? I've
looked at the 'kits' people have put together on vortex and they all seem
$1000 or more. The more detailed you are the better. Like if you put: 4
mandrel u bends, 2 18" pieces of aluminum pipe - $75 that would be way
helpful. Even better, anyone have a tech writeup on it? Just give me the
low-down on what it takes to turbo an 8v.