A Sad Ride Home

Well, yesterday as I was headed to the autoX followed by my ex in my
Cutlass. I went through a nice littel valley and was on a beautiful curvy
road. As I left the last town the engine started rattling like loos nuts on
tin. I was a little worried but it still had power and was pulling pretty
good. When I took the turn onto the beautiful road I went through the gear
but it seemed like I was trying to pull a truck. Well after the little
valley I lost A LOT of power and decided it was tiem to pull over and see
whats wrong as I began to lose hope that it would make it to the event. I
push the clutch in and it died INSTANTLY! I got off in a drive and by the
time I got out of my car and my ex next to the rocco in the Cutlass smoke
was pouring from the hood! I popped it and found the engine smoking from
about every possible place. I opened the oil cap to find nothing but a cloud
of smoke also. So we proceded to the event with the Cutlass as I needed to
get there to set up the course.

So today after class I met a buddy at his work and went and got a U-Haul
cart and totted it back to the garage. I think I will be rebuilding this
winter. THE ENGINE IS NOT SIEZED. I know this because we were able to winch
it onto the cart while in first gear which means the engine had to be
turning. Also we tried starting it again at the garage and my Buddy saw that
at least the first 3 lobe of my cam were still turning.

I will keep you all posted as I learn more of what wrong. It may be a while
though as I need to make the Cutlass winter worthy b4 the snow falls.

Peace Out,
Rhett
Rocco_crossing
'83 Rocco (autocross ready, tune up, install harness, and finally I may get
to makeing it look better!!)

See when your friends are online with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now
FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com